American Industrial Hygiene Association
(Last Updated: May 17, 2019 )
To have a position posted on our site, please send the information, unformatted (text or MS Word; no PDF files, please),
to email@example.com. Please be sure to include all contact info for how applicants can respond to the posting.
Click here for employment-related web links!
NOTE: Positions posted on this page will be deleted after thirty (30) days.
Industrial Hygienist: Trinity Consultants, Inc. (Easton, PA)
Trinity Consultants, Inc. has an opening for an Industrial Hygienist at our Easton, Pennsylvania location. Founded in 1974, Trinity is an international consulting company that assists organizations with environmental and compliance management as well as broader environmental and business performance issues such as sustainability, climate change, safety, and process engineering. Trinity provides a unique blend of consulting, technology solutions, and training in environmental, toxicology, industrial hygiene, and regulatory compliance to help our clients achieve economic, employee, and community success.
Consider this special opportunity to join a high performing team of experienced industrial hygiene and occupational safety and health consultants. You will be working with a senior team of recognized experts in industrial hygiene, occupational safety, toxicology, environmental science and analytical chemistry. You will fill a key position in providing exposure assessment and industrial hygiene guidance and leadership to clients in a variety of industries including but not limited to fine chemicals, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, metalworking, and construction. The ideal candidate is a technically knowledgeable, self-motivated professional with strong interpersonal and written communication skills, the ability to build client trust and rapport, and is able to work on multiple projects while balancing changing priorities and deadlines.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Performing field studies, data gathering and sampling activities at client sites, including airborne chemical and noise monitoring (25-50% overnight travel)
• Compiling and analyzing chemical and noise data
• Preparing technical reports
• Calibrating and maintaining field instrumentation
• Conducting qualitative chemical and noise exposure assessments at client sites
• Assisting with proposals and business development
Successful candidates for this position must have completed a Bachelor of Science degree, have field experience in industrial hygiene. The ideal candidate majored in industrial hygiene or occupational safety and has 3 or more years of industrial hygiene experience.
Trinity offers a competitive compensation package and benefits including health care, life and disability insurance, 401(k) investment plan and a generous paid time off plan.
For immediate consideration, please send resume to:
12700 Park Central Drive, Suite 2100
Dallas, TX 75251
Office: 972-661-8100 Fax: 972-934-2344
For more information or to discuss this opportunity call:
Brent Altemose, (610) 438-8306, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 17 May 2019
Product Steward & Regulatory Affairs, Americas: Houghton International (Norristown, PA)
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Product Stewardship Manager, this role will support the business in assessing and developing appropriate regulatory and health related responses regarding product safety and regulatory information to both internal and external customers. They will be responsible for evaluating and closing out internal and external product stewardship requests including analysis of the issues, review of technical data and developing appropriate responses. They will manage the implementation of activities to ensure regulatory compliance in their area(s) of responsibility including providing training where required and through working with multiple business functions (e.g. technology, marketing, sales, supply chain, etc.). They will ensure the effective implementation of product safety related business critical systems and procedures and then ongoing conformance therewith. Support business activities through fulfilling requests from both internal and external customers (primarily via ticketing system) in line with deadlines agreed with the business.
They must have good working knowledge of the regulatory legislation for their region(s) of responsibility (including both regional and national legislation where appropriate). They should be familiar with the elements of a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) to be able to effectively communicate safe handling information and address routine regulatory and safety questions regarding Houghton products. They must also understand complex liability issues and know when to escalate issues to more knowledgeable or experienced staff.
- Evaluate and respond to complex internal and external Product Stewardship requests and develop appropriate responses for internal and external customers (re: assess complex regulatory issues, health related interpretations, etc.). Requires strong technical skills (re: detailed understanding of product lines, safe handling practices, and analysis of compliance against request). Must be able to communicate complex issues effectively and know when to escalate to a more knowledgeable and experienced member of the team. Track receipt and closure of customer requests (including but not exclusively product stewardship tickets) within agreed business deadlines.
- Manage compliance activities identified by the Regulatory Affairs Analyst and/or Product Stewardship Manager to ensure regulatory compliance for their area(s) of responsibility are met in an effective and timely manner.
- Working with the Regulatory Affairs Analyst, manage areas of regulatory risk to core business activities in their region of responsibility.
- Working with the Market reps in the region, ensure that current SDS have been assigned to the customers within 3E as a part of SDS fulfillment. Manage non-routine SDS fulfillment in their area of responsibility. Serve as internal contact for questions regarding the 3E 24-hour emergency response call system in their area of responsibility. Conduct follow up investigations for any Product Stewardship incidents. Printing additional language versions of currently published SDS to fulfill Product Stewardship tickets as necessary.
- Engage with key industry groups, NGOs and regulatory agencies within their regions of responsibility to monitor and lobby for regulatory initiatives that affect critical business issues.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Toxicology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Engineering, EHS) or equivalent technical work experience that would provide good understanding of the chemistry associated with Houghton's raw materials and finished products.
- Direct work experience in the product regulatory discipline with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a business or country level product regulatory group required.
- Experience in the specialty chemical or chemical industry highly preferred.
- Good working knowledge of the regulations of both regional and national authorities governing product safety and registrations required.
- Knowledge of product risk management and product stewardship is essential.
- Must be proficient in: GHS compliant work safety data sheets and labeling requirements; working knowledge of regional and national regulatory legislation; familiarity with import/export/manufacturing regulations; product risk management/safe handling practices.
- Proficient in MS Office as well as ability to learn specialized applications such as JDE, WERCs and ARIEL is required.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
If interested, visit https://houghtonintl.hrmdirect.com/employment/jobopening.php?req=996789&job to apply.
Posted 30 April 2019
Employment/Job Hunting Web Sites
(please report any incorrect or "broken" links to the Webmaster)
AIHA CareerAdvantage (AIHA members only)
ASSE Career Center (ASSE members only)
Go To Top Of Page
Comments/Questions? Email: email@example.com
Copyright © 2019 Philadelphia Section AIHA