American Industrial Hygiene Association
(Last Updated: February 11, 2019 )
To have a position posted on our site, please send the information, unformatted (text or MS Word; no PDF files, please),
to email@example.com. Please be sure to include all contact info for how applicants can respond to the posting.
Click here for employment-related web links!
NOTE: Positions posted on this page will be deleted after thirty (30) days.
EHS Manager (Datwyler: Pennsauken, NJ)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Responsible for ensuring plant wide compliance with all relevant Federal, State, and Local government regulations related to health, safety, and environmental affairs. The EHS Manager maintains and applies knowledge of current regulations, laws and industrial processes.
• Ensure that the Company complies with all relevant OSHA regulations
• Develop, implement, and maintain all relevant OSHA-mandated written Health and Safety Programs
• Develop and maintain effective safety programs, policies, and procedures to help prevent workplace incidents/accidents
• Manage all SDS record system and chemical labeling to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
• Conduct employee safety and health segment of new hire orientation
• Conduct routine safety audits of all plants and follow up on action items
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Leads and supervises all safety/environmental related projects and coordinates with management of all departments on the completion of safety all safety goals and objectives.
• Consult with all department managers on plant and equipment safety and occupational health issues.
• Chair Safety Committee and give direction to committee members and follow up on action items.
• Interact with employees on all shifts in all facilities to maintain communication and raise the level of health and safety awareness.
• Conduct risk assessments for all company sites and propose needed changes to reduce or eliminate identified risks. When appropriate, coordinate with outside consultants or vendors to assess risks outside the scope of incumbent’s experience.
• Routinely inspect plant machinery and equipment to identify needs for improvement, then submit proposal to the Manager, Engineering or the Manager, Maintenance for the new project.
• Ensure that Datwyler U.S.A. operations comply with all safety rules and procedures, as well as good housekeeping within the plants, in accordance with SOPs, work instructions, and GMPs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Conduct and/or coordinate all worker training in areas such as safety policy and process, safety laws, job specific required safety training, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
• The EHS ensures all employees are trained and retrained in accordance with applicable law and with company policy
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures. Report and review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, and/or environmental testing; make recommendations and implement new process/procedures to ensure a safe working environment and to ensure plant is in compliance with all applicable safety and environmental laws/regulations.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule depending on the needs of a 24/7 operation which may require working extended hours, additional workdays and work weeks of more than 40 hours
• Conduct investigations of all workplace accidents and ensure needed improvements are implemented to help prevent future incidents. Works closely with the Human Resources department on the completion of Workers’ Compensation reporting requirements and related issues
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships
• Demonstrated strong management skills and experience with skilled and unskilled workforce
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate effectively in a frequently flexible and quick moving environment
• Effective written and verbal communication skills. English fluency (verbal and written) necessary to perform the position effectively
• Able to provide direction, training and guidance to employees at all levels of the organization and demonstrated ability to influence by example.
• Computer software proficiency; particularly MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel. For Excel, an intermediate level of proficiency is required
• Working knowledge of OSHA and environmental regulations
• Ability to drive results, driving change, business understanding and teamwork
• Thorough understanding of risk management, as relates to environmental, and loss control methodology
• Ability to develop and make presentations before various audience sizes at all levels of the organization
• At least 5 years’ experience in any combination of occupational health and safety and/or environmental compliance preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Safety related field preferred, or equivalent education, knowledge and experience
• Industry standard safety certification preferred
• Experience managing worker's compensation claims required
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required
• Experience in a union environment required
• Direct experience in developing and implementing environmental health and safety programs
• Direct experience developing and implementing waste minimization plans and programs
• Direct experience performing objective based training
Chairperson of Safety Committee
Management Team Meeting
Town Hall Meeting Presenter
For more information, or to apply, please contact Kimberly lane (Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Posted 10 February 2019
EHS Leader (Axalta: Philadelphia, PA)
Axalta is a leading global company focused solely on coatings and providing customers with innovative, colorful, beautiful and sustainable solutions. From light OEM vehicles, commercial vehicles and refinish applications to electric motors, buildings and pipelines, our coatings are designed to prevent corrosion, increase productivity and enable the materials we coat to last longer. With more than 150 years of experience in the coatings industry, the approximately 14,000 people of Axalta continue to find ways to serve our more than 100,000 customers in 130 countries better every day with the finest coatings, application systems and technology. For more information visit axalta.com and follow us @Axalta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.
This position is responsible for supporting environmental, health, safety, and security (EHS&S) risk control and regulatory compliance for the Global Innovation Center (GIC), serving as a key member of the GIC leadership team and directly responsible for EHS&S leadership and management system support for all site EHS&S matters. Key professional requirements include advanced EHS&S technical expertise and professional skills to understand and control complex EHS&S compliance and risk-related matters.
Works directly for the GIC Facility Leader role and partners closely with the NA EHS&S Manager.
Regulatory Compliance and Standards Implementation:
Auditing and Management Systems:
Leadership and Capability Building:
Sensitivity: Business Internal:
For additional informaiton, and to submit an application, please click on the following link: https://careers-axaltacs.icims.com/jobs/3216/environmental%2c-health%2c-safety%2c-and-security-leader/login
Posted 21 January 2019
Senior EHS Specialist – Industrial Hygiene & Lab EHS Strategy (Merck & Co.: West Point, PA)
If you are an experienced EHS professional who has an industrial hygiene and lab EHS background, this may be the career move you’ve been looking for! This role is responsible for chemical monitoring, industrial hygiene, and lab safety program at the West Point, PA facility (approximately 7,500 employees conducting manufacturing, research activities, utilities/support and administrative activities).
For more information and to apply online or refer a friend, visit https://jobs.merck.com/job/West-Point-Senior-Specialist-EHS-PA-19486/529022700/
Posted 11 January 2019
Program Manager: District 1199C Training & Upgrading Fund
The FTE Program Manager for the Health Workers Working Healthy Program is the staff person responsible for program implementation of the Training Fund’s safety and health initiative, which will entail helping to conduct a safety and health needs assessment, developing training materials and curriculum, recruiting environmental service workers and other frontline healthcare workers into worker and peer train-the-trainer classes focused on hazardous identification and awareness, and evaluating the program’s effectiveness.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Leadership Competencies Required:
Champions mission of the Healthy Workers Working Healthy Program; commits to service excellence; accountable for results; communicates effectively: values diversity; develops and motivates trainees; provides leadership; demonstrates self awareness and openness to growth; thinks and acts strategically; manages resources to drive quality.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
Send Resume: JKeller@1199ctraining.org
Posted 12 November 2018
Employment/Job Hunting Web Sites
(please report any incorrect or "broken" links to the Webmaster)
AIHA CareerAdvantage (AIHA members only)
ASSE Career Center (ASSE members only)
Go To Top Of Page
Comments/Questions? Email: email@example.com
Copyright © 2019 Philadelphia Section AIHA