American Industrial Hygiene Association
(Last Updated: March 18, 2019 )
To have a position posted on our site, please send the information, unformatted (text or MS Word; no PDF files, please),
to email@example.com. Please be sure to include all contact info for how applicants can respond to the posting.
Click here for employment-related web links!
NOTE: Positions posted on this page will be deleted after thirty (30) days.
If you are an experienced EHS Leader, this may be the career move you’ve been looking for! This role is responsible for leading a team of environmental and safety professionals, developing talent, managing environmental programs and supporting a business unit at the West Point, PA facility (approximately 7,500 employees conducting manufacturing, research activities, utilities/support and administrative activities).
For more information and to apply online or refer a friend, visit https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1150631042/
Posted 18 March 2019
Industrial Hygiene Manager: GSK (Upper Providence, PA)
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
Must be non-comparative, objective and relevant. Critical/essential to accomplish the role
Relevant to the role, but not critical/essential
To apply for this position, please visit https://gsk.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/GSKCareers/job/USA---Pennsylvania---Upper-Providence/IHS-Manager_185640/apply
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posted 18 March 2019
Industrial Hygienist Sr: Sentry Insurance (Philadelphia, PA)
Sentry’s dedication to customer service is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, technical and results driven individual to fill a highly skilled position in our National Accounts - IH Services Division. As an Industrial Hygiene Consultant Sr. you will work with Corporate Risk Management, Safety Management, and Plant/Facility Management contacts as well as brokerage firms to complete Industrial Hygiene Services for our casualty line of business primarily for our National Account customers with premium in excess of $500,000.
What You’ll Do
The following are some of the responsibilities of the National Account IH Services Consultant that would be located preferably in Philadelphia, PA; secondary locations include Charlotte, NC or Greensboro, NC. Travel responsibilities would include the eastern seaboard and gulf coast.
• Act as a Team Leader and conduct industrial hygiene field consultation service (noise, air quality, IAQ, etc.) for National Accounts customers. Provide industrial hygiene services for standard commercial lines customers, underwriting, and fee service customers at the request of IH or Safety Services management.
• Anticipate, recognize, evaluate potential health hazards, and assist customers by recommending proper controls for ACGIH and OSHA guidelines.
• Review, assist with development and/or coordinate specific risk improvement or regulatory mandated programs. Coordinate the implementation of these programs with the customer and the safety services consultant.
• Provide technical expertise for the development of industrial hygiene-related technical bulletins or information sheets.
• Provide training for customers, safety services consultants, or Sentry Insurance employees in industrial hygiene-related areas.
• Assist sales and underwriting by providing information about prospective customer's processes and potential exposures on conditions that may lead to occupational disease as directed by Industrial Hygiene Management.
• Assist Sentry Insurance claims department with review or evaluation of occupational disease claims that may have arisen from specific process or workplace exposures.
• Maintain and calibrate field equipment on a scheduled basis. Ensure that field work is done in a timely and professional manner.
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent within the Safety Sciences area is required (i.e., Industrial Hygiene, Degree in Analytical Chemistry, or a related science and/or engineering field).
• 3+ years of related work experience.
• M.S. Degree in industrial hygiene, or occupational and environmental health preferred.
• Certification by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene in the comprehensive practice or other specialty aspect of industrial hygiene is preferred. or a willingness to achieve the CIH Designation in 3 – 5 years.
• Demonstrated competency in field consultation and familiarity with current industrial hygiene technology.
• Leadership skills, proactive attitude, proficient technical writing and communication skills.
• An acceptable motor vehicle record and ability to perform extensive travel is required (50% - 75% travel).
What You’ll Receive
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates, including:
• Competitive Compensation
• Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
• Generous Paid-Time Off - including Company Holidays
• 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent – immediate vesting
• Access to more than 100 certification, designation and licensing courses
• Career advancement opportunities
What You’ll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
• Competitive Compensation
• Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
• 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent – immediate vesting
• Comprehensive paid training
• Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
• Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Apryl Marti: Apryl.Marti@sentry.com
Why Sentry Insurance
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted 07 March 2019
Employment/Job Hunting Web Sites
(please report any incorrect or "broken" links to the Webmaster)
AIHA CareerAdvantage (AIHA members only)
ASSE Career Center (ASSE members only)
Go To Top Of Page
Comments/Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2019 Philadelphia Section AIHA